There are lots of things I cannot understand. Numbers for instance, I just don't get them, abstract art, trance music. At least I could try and eventually I would, but most importantly what I just don't get and don't think will ever, is behaviour, human behaviour.
It's funny how different people react to different situations. You may come into work and say "Who's having ice cream for lunch?". Some of your colleagues may jump at the idea, others pass cause either they are on a diet or they have been just fired by the boss. Others could be ignorant maybe cause they hate you!or are just plain broke that day. So many reactions to one statement
Lots of people you meet in life will tell you how they hate talking behind the back and would love for people to tell them upfront what they actually think of them. That my friend is the biggest lie there ever was. The minute you actually tell someone what you really think bang! they're gone forever. It's very hard for people (including myself) to actually accept criticism however hard they may plead otherwise
I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this note or why I'm even writing it.
It's become quite difficult to live a life of honesty these days (I'm beginning to sound like Gandhi). Lie to the boss when you are late to work or for various other reasons, pretend to be happy for someone (when you secretly wish for that to happen to you), pretend to bore or agitate someone you love so dearly so that the person almost begins to hate you (don't ask for reasons here) are we living a life of pretense?
It's lunch time right now and as I'm listening to "pappu can't dance" playing at the next table, I'm thinking
A) I wish we could stop leading a life that is fake, stop pretending to like people we don't, not do things we don't really want to do
B) The track changed to "kya mujhe pyaar hai" and I was wondering, what did a poor innocent lad do for a mother to name him Shiney?
8 comments:
Well written :)
@ Fragile Cliché
Thanks :)
u write welll!
love the last lline..... it just cut the seriousness to the entire note
hehe his parents must really hate him to name him 'SHINEY' yuck!
I think the 2 of us are no-nonsense people. Right? I mean sometimes u just have to be someone ure not but thats ok. A lil bit acting is good. And yes we LOVE GOSSIPING! We excel in this field.
thank you 3 :)
very very well written. simple, crisp, and has a good blend of humor, wit and seriousness.
thank sanu
Post a Comment