I know that my posts of late must have already convinced you that I am just a confused individual who has no clue where she is headed in life. Haha! well that may be my current state of mind but mind you I've not always been this confused person.
I have an independent mind which is hardly ever influenced by the decision of others. My family who I love dearly have always respected and encouraged me to think on my own as an individual. Like every other human I have plans. I think about stuff. Most of the time, things don't go as planned, but hey! that doesn't stop me from thinking, dreaming and planning and that shouldn't stop you either!
Travel is a passion. I'm obsessed with traveling to new places. Before I began my job which allowed me to travel so frequently, I traveled quite a bit but only with family. I have always craved to just go for one nice big crazy holiday with my friends but that has never materialized mostly for two reasons. When they were ready a few years ago to take this plunge, I wasn't (you know the daddy's little girl, you're too young) bit..and now when I am ready finally..they have other priorities (personal commitments, professional and sometimes even both). I hope it happens soon or I'll have to start looking out for travel buddies now :)
Coming back to planning, let me share with you some personal stuff I have planned for the longest time. It's funny and weird and you probably think I'm crazy but I figure if I write it down maybe I'll reminisce about this in my old age. (If I don't end up deleting my blog like I usually do ie)
Ok lets see, some past planning included me wanting to study journalism forever. I still remember making up my mind about this in class 5 and sticking to it until post graduation. It's a different issue that once I started working as a journalist there was an immediate job change:). As mentioned plan, but don't be sure your plans will work as you want them to.
I'm not sure if I should mention the next one. Hmm ok since I'm being honest, I've already picked the names of my children, if I have any, especially my son. Let me tell you the story behind these names. When I was very very little Yash Chopra had released a movie for television. Yeah it was never screened in the cinemas it was meant to be tele-film and the hero of that film was named Kabir. Obviously I had the hots for Mr Kabir and then and there made up my mind to name my son (if I have one) Kabir. By the way this Kabir ultimately went out to be Mr Aashish Chowdry (He does a few films now, and I DO NOT find him hot now...I was a kid then).Everyone I know detest my decision but I'm pretty adamant on this one, lets see what happens. My daughter (again if I have one..gosh do I have to keep specifying that time and again) will be named Sara, for the Sara I know is the baby I love the most.
Can't believe I just shared the above.
Ok next personal planning. I've picked Australia and New Zealand as my honeymoon destination, single handedly, if I do decide to get married :-P. (again since forever)
I've always wanted to live in London
Sssshsh..I need to stop typing!! Ok no more personal stuff
Talking of destinations, I am obessessive about visiting America especially New York. I have been to a lot of places around the world but no destination/country has intrigued my interest as much as America. I've made multiple attempts to visit the destination but somehow things have never worked out, latest reason being the lack of company to go. It seems magicial, vast, fast paced(just as I like it) and I really really want to go to America this year. I hope things work in my favour. I know I sound like those gujju aunties, I know America with its flaws, minus points, problems too but I just want to visit.
New York I assume is a lot like Bombay, Fast paced, vibrant, never sleep sort of a city. In the words of Frank Sinatra.. If I make it there, I'll make it anywhere, It's up to you..New York, New York.
Lets see where life takes me and if my dreams materialize. I hope you'll keep coming back until then...
16 comments:
:) interesting insights, woman
Australia + NZ = niice pick! mine's a wee bit off... French Polynesia (Bora Bora n others) - North West of these 2 places.
now, all u need is a man who'd like his kids to be called Kabir and Sara!
@K-ooo I like your options too..super! sooo embarrassed about the Kabir and Sara bit :-D
Thanks for your comments though..Keep them coming :)
Nice blog! Enjoyed reading your posts. Will come back for more! :)
@Medha- Thanks so much. Do come back :)
believe it or not, i have a friend who has even more plans than you do...she hasn't told me what she's gonna name her kid (but she has decided she's not getting married, and adopting a girl), but she actually has a plan of her house, and she ahs a list of 100 things she wants in it, and she's actually some 20 items into it. she has savings targets for the next 10 years of her life, and she's had them since she turned 18. she's also been meeting those targets. that's besides the whole list of places she wants to see, places she wants to live (she plans on moving base every year or so for the first few years)
oh and she's 20.
@kristoph3r- hahaha makes me feel a lot better. really! :)
Well this is my first comment though I had read your previous post, in which you did enough to prove yourself a confused individual, even I got confused a bit. But this time for sure it's a good one. Keep writing, will keep coming.
OMG. (insert childish chant of Cheating! Cheating! ) :P
I'd always thought of Kabir and Zara for my kids-to-be.
Wonder what hubby-to-be-in-ten-days would think of that :P
@num OMG. You've got to be kidding me :) I'm so glad with all the responses on this post, was kinds embarrassed after writing it.
You getting married?? Congratulations!!! I was wondering where you disappeared after your brief twitter stint, but now I can imagine how busy you must be :)
@djohn- thanks dude, yeh I have this amazing ability of creating confusion for myself and others constantly :)
thanks do come back
nicely written, i guess we all have made plans at some point dat are always too good to be true.
I've studied in london and have seen NY too... ! its fantabulous.. i spent d whole nite on the street wid my pals club hoppin from time to time and visiting strip clubs (sshh.. dats a secret - since u shared urs)... bt yeah i wanna go to Aus & NZ too.. mebbe fr my own honeymoon..
neways keep writing..coz u good at it ..! ;)
@hardik- thanks a lot!
good to know men have such secrets too :) thanks for sharing
Hey I liked the name Sara.. but I have chosen the name Tanu for my daughter :) Thats the name of my best friend actually and I loved it. I have to find a name for my son. I have been to NYC ya its lot like Bombay but you would see rats running beside you on the streets too :) I have not thought about the honey moon location yet.. let me think about it...
@deepu- cool! let me know which one you pick
i will recommend a lil north of australia..trust me melbourne is FREAKING COLD!!.. lol... i am looking to travel too!!..we shld totally go woman!!..
@cogito ergo sum- Dude!! lets go, you just tell me the date, I'm ready :)
Post a Comment