Today while walking on the Carter Road promenade listening to my
favourite U2 I came across some graffiti. Amidst all the mess the local
boy clubs were trying to make with the spray paint I came across
something written in bold black letters "It's all written" I can't help
but think if we really have a purpose in this world or are we playing a
role that someone somewhere has already written for us.
It explains a lot doesn't it? Destiny is quite a convenient option or an easy answer to solving a problem. Can't get something done? Blame it on destiny. Better still come up with the whole "ultimately it's destined but you have the power to alter your destiny" Really? I don't know if it's the cynic in me typing but I don't think we are destined to do anything. I'm not sure if my role in this life is already written by someone else and if I'm only playing the part I'm supposed to be playing. I don't think people walk in or out of my life because they are destined to. I'm sure I have at least a little to do with it. Or maybe I haven't understood the concept of destiny correctly and hence I'm so cynical about it.
I guess all I'm trying to say is let's take onus of our actions, learn from our mistakes,try to rectify messed
up situations and stop waiting for "something" to happen cause trust me, nothing will and all you'll do is sigh and say "what can I do? It was not in my destiny"!
Ps: written on my phone in a moving vehicle. Excuse the grammatical errors
It explains a lot doesn't it? Destiny is quite a convenient option or an easy answer to solving a problem. Can't get something done? Blame it on destiny. Better still come up with the whole "ultimately it's destined but you have the power to alter your destiny" Really? I don't know if it's the cynic in me typing but I don't think we are destined to do anything. I'm not sure if my role in this life is already written by someone else and if I'm only playing the part I'm supposed to be playing. I don't think people walk in or out of my life because they are destined to. I'm sure I have at least a little to do with it. Or maybe I haven't understood the concept of destiny correctly and hence I'm so cynical about it.
I guess all I'm trying to say is let's take onus of our actions, learn from our mistakes,try to rectify messed
up situations and stop waiting for "something" to happen cause trust me, nothing will and all you'll do is sigh and say "what can I do? It was not in my destiny"!
Ps: written on my phone in a moving vehicle. Excuse the grammatical errors
No comments:
Post a Comment