Yep, it's rant time again. *Read at your own risk*
Life is pretty alright! Just returned from a 3 day conference in Brussels, which went off really well even though I had to come back a day earlier, cause of some personal reasons, which to my mind was totally unjustified. Anyway, I'm not pulling that thread yet.
Ok maybe just for a little bit more. I also had to cancel a potential short break to Delhi which I was really looking forward to, for various reasons! (Cmmon now! I can't give away all the details can I? ;)). But that trip will happen. Pretty soon!
So yeah besides all of that, when I walked into work today, I realized I had to flip the calendar page and that the year had almost ended! Wow! 2009 is almost over! Not sure if I say this every year, but this year in particular has flown past by. It had it's share of good and bad, well I visited the ICU for the first time in my life, and lived there for about a week.
Not too many friends got married this year, which is weird cause I was expecting otherwise. Work was alright, traveled a bit, learnt a lot of new stuff. You know that's what I like about traveling. You meet new people, stay in a new environment, are all on your own, eat new food, drink new beer :) , it's quite exciting. I'm trying to absorb almost how much I can, cause I don't know if in a couple of years I will be able to even continue in the same stream of work. (you know why, right? )
What I expect in 2010? I don't like to keep large expectations, as most often when they don't work out, it can totally bum you out. No! I'm definitely not looking at getting married, even though I'm sure my whole family is. I just think I need more time, to meet, know and understand a person and his life before I decide to take the "final" step, as for me there wouldn't be any looking back, thereafter. Luckily Paa still thinks of me as his little baby daughter, so I think I'm still safe :)
I also met a good friend after a gap of 10 whole years last week! It felt so good catching up after so long, although I should admit that there shouldn't have been this gap of 10 years! I am definitely going to try and change this bad habit of not keeping in touch with people regularly and getting so involved with my work and other things, that I just tend to forget that some people..important..or even potential important..exist!
I still want to be involved in all the good things I've done..be it being around my special children, blogging my experiences, maintaining my travel book, upgrading my recipe book (haha yes! every single time I cook something, I write it down in this book which I've been maintaining for almost 5 years now). All so that I don't have to take Indu bai with me in dowry ;)
I'm looking forward to meeting new people, fun people, people who I can connect with instantly, keeping in touch with a few of my lost friends, new experiences, adventure, excitement and am ready with anything new that comes my way..finally....yep can finally say and really mean it.. Bring it on!
For all those who read my blog regularly or have ever read my blog, thank you so much for all your time, comments and patience to read so much random nonsense. I hope you will keep coming back in 2010 as well!
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
!
Spread the cheer
Pooja :)
8 comments:
wow, you're early!!! i haven't even thought about next year yet!!!
@krist0ph3r I thought I was late!! :) Good to know!
Ha ha ha, all I could see was the word "marriage"....seems like a mirage in your case :P
@Bhanu- hehe dude! keep me away for a bit please :)
nice post, Pooja - wish you a super spectacular 2010 and a higher probability of wishes turning into reality (we all need that!) ;) Cheers!
@kaushal haha thanks for being kind K. Yep! here's to unimaginably spectacular 2010 :)
Glad to know! thank you!
Post a Comment