I am so proud of myself for making it to like 3 posts in a month. Looks like time off social media has indeed given me some more time to gather my thoughts and scribble here. Although its a relief that I have to type and you don't get to see my handwriting. My handwriting is like that of a 10 year old child.
Do you at times feel that our decision making powers over the years have become more complicated due to the ample amount of choices available? Wasn't life simpler when a student just had to choose between Arts, Commerce or Science? More choices, mean more confusion, more debate and more debate is equal to what I get at...just NOISE.
Around me I find opinions. So many opinions. I mean you can sneeze and you will have 100 opinions from various people. Some based on experience, some based on education, some based on whatsapp but everybody has something to say. So with so much content around you, do you like me sometimes feel uneasy processing that much information or are you comfortable filtering out exactly the information you require? If you belong to the latter I am jealous of you :)
These days I feel burdened with information. I also feel burdened with opinions I haven't really asked for. Hence cutting out of social media had become essential for me. Don't get me wrong, having an opinion is not a bad thing, its just that sometimes I feel is it always necessary to
a) State your opinion when not asked
b) Force your opinion down someone else's throat.
I have been noticing the latter a lot lately. Everyone has a strong opinion but no one seems to be able to respect another opinion that doesn't match them. I find that ridiculous. If you have the courage to be vocal about something you believe in then you must also have the courage to listen to somebody who believes with as much passion in something that you may not agree in. Often, I choose to clue out of debates or discussions because I find them pointless. They often turn ugly, mostly personal and sour relationships which I hate. Because of this I am often called a fence sitter and to be honest I am ok with it. I mean its my life and my opinion. I will give it only when I feel it is necessary and to who I feel is actually listening.
Screaming out loud on social media solves no purpose. Be a do-er. If you have a problem with something then work towards changing it. Only then your opinion matters. Otherwise, its just noise or in other words "Reposts"
No comments:
Post a Comment