Monday, February 3, 2025

Turning 4-0H!


 Your girl turned the big 40 last September. Yep! I am as surprised as you are, considering my writing doesn't seem to have matured a day over 25. 

Lets start with all the fun bits. I had quite a few celebrations. Honestly, they were expected. I am definitely surrounded with a small but amazing set of people around me that do take the trouble to make me feel special every year so this year was no different. Started with a 40 days to 40 trip at the most stunning Fairmont Jaipur. If you ever get a chance please visit especially to sit and enjoy a Jaipur sling at their infamous Writers Bar. Truly an iconic experience. This was followed by a 30 days to 40 celebration at Koishii in Mumbai, I think this is the best Japanese food I have ever eaten. But, I haven't been to Wasabi nor have I actually been to Japan so I might not be the best judge. 

For 20 days to 40 you won't even believe what my friends pulled off. I don't know if I have written much about this in my blog as I only discovered the place long after I stopped writing regularly, but I always had this dream to visit Razdan Paas in Gurez Valley in Kashmir. I mean, for obvious reasons! From having to prove to people that I am indeed Kashmiri, to having a road that shares my last name, can't get more iconic. But at that time, Gurez belonged to Pakistan and it was practically impossible to get there. As things are quieter and better down in the valley now, Gurez is back to India and my friends planned a surprise weeked to get me all the way to Razdan Paas. It was the most insane trip of my life. When I actually saw my name right up there at 12,000 odd feet above sea level, I was in tears. We also managed to cut a cake up there which was all so very special. 

Coming to my 10 days to 40, yes guys this was an intense month haha, we went celebrating 3 of us (A virgo baby, a cusp baby and a libra baby) to Bombay Daak (please never go there). And right before the main 40, I took off for a few days to Dubai to spend time with my closest few. Friends joined me from all over the globe to make my 40th birthday celebration truly very special. I also tried the viral Dubai kunafa chocolate by the way. I quite loved it.

Now coming to the real part. Turning 40. Did I anticipate my life to be what it is at 40? Absolutely not. If you know me, I have always been the conventional type. I think I would have although honestly I cannot recall but a husband, children, a house by 40. Do I have any of that? Well, no. I am a mixed bag of emotions at the moment. While I am so glad some things did not pan out the way I had intended them to be, I also find it difficult sometimes to forgive myself for making such foolish choices even though my well wishers warned me otherwise. But, as they say, no life without hope. I am hopeful that destiny will give me another chance to learn from my mistakes and rebuild what I once thought was gone forever but with a stronger everlasting foundation.

My back has started hurting a little more since I turned 40 and I think my number has also increased, but here I am sipping tea from my pink Stanley cup as I type out this post trying to defy all odds just to prove myself that age is indeed just a number and it is never too late to chase your dreams. After all, I have still a 42km marathon to tick from my bucket list..prep for which hasn't even started yet.


Hope to write more soon...xx some pictures from the birthday that was. 





No comments: