So last night when I got back from work, I had about an hour before I had to leave for dinner with an old old friend, I decided to clear out my cupboard which has quite been a dumping ground for almost anything in the past few weeks. I can't help it man! I am lazy and I hate tidying up.
I am a Virgo and supposed to be a very tidy, finicky person, but I'm not.
As long as my room or anything is clean on the outside, who cares about the inside or whether the cupboard is about to burst like a volcano or the drawers are screaming in pain due to the overload. Now this generally does not appeal to Typical Virgo Mom who generally clears the stuff which works out really well for me. Well this time she decided to let me be and when I opened my cupboard what a disaster it was!!
I've figured, it's not me who is untidy, I just own too many things . The clothes, I cannot begin to even describe the number that just fell on me like a pile of trash. Gosh! I've been greedy. I have even forgotten about more than half of them. I tried counting the number of shoes I owned but failed miserably. I cant even donate them or give them away (not because I am an ice maiden, thank you very much), but because they are all NEW.
And from when did I start owning that much make up?? I've never used the slightest make up in my entire life, yet my vanity case's are full of blushes, concealers, ANTI AGE CREAMS (why oh why!), highlighters, lip glosses, you name it.
I could throw a party for my friends cause my perfectly packed perfume bottles have probably turned into alcohol cause I haven't used them in so long. It's taking me forever to finish the stuff I own now, to actually open new stuff.
God it was an ordeal cleaning that whole room last night. At least I've found the crux from where those huge credit card bills generate. I have to be banned from shopping. I shop impulsively without realizing that I need no more stuff. Also people have a fetish for one thing. I have a fetish for at least 10.
My new years resoultion for 08 was- I will not shop for anything for myself for at least 6 months January 1st 2008 onwards.
But heck! rules are meant to be broken right? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment