Anyhoo, let me come to "W". W is a very close friend from school. Well technically.. we never spoke to each other in school and didn't really talk then, we got close in college (w and my story is a whole other post of it's own so let us not steal S's thunder yet again). To cut a long story short, w has the most adorable older sister "S" who has always been like an elder sister to me as well.
S was like the cool older sister we looked upto when we were young. We were in complete awe of her. She was/is intelligent (hell, yeah!), hardworking, TALENTED, pretty.. you name it. She was a complete package with nothing missing (like defected pieces like w and me) at all. We never told her all this and I'm sure she will be pretty shocked when she reads this.
I've shared a lot of fun moments with her. She used to go out and party while w and me pretended to study only to
make her cook a midnight snack for us when she got back (even her midnight snack was exotic, imagine when she actually cooked a meal), she taught us how to party, took us to nightclubs when we weren't allowed on our own (now that I think back, it must've been so embarassing for her), hey but we were cool too ;). She sacrificed a whole new year getaway with her husband only to spend a psycho new year with W and me at the President.A couple of years after the above, S got married to K. That wedding also has so many memories attached (I danced on the S's sangeet for the first time ever, didn't know I had 1001 more sangeets to follow). Although she didn't live in the same house anymore the happy times continued with K in tow
We aped her to the tee. Colouring our hair at Sonali like she did, trying to learn French (haha, she is a master at the language), I've even aped her at choosing a career path.
Coming back to the original point of this post, after years of persistence from all of us ( I don't know why we don't mind our own business) S is finally preggie, the best p
art being the baby's birth date could be the same as mine. I am so kicked and really wish that happens, although S & K think otherwise. It's impossible for them to deal with me, let alone 2 of my kind!Coming back to virgo boo, last weekend, W and S's friends threw S a surprise baby shower. Having never been to one R (another friend) and me were extremely kicked about this whole event. Actively, we went shopping for a gist only to find ourselves completely lost. We had no idea as to what to do in that store. R was obsessed with diapers and potty's and we started getting the creeps. Ultimately we requested the sales attendant to help us and blindly followed her lead. R wanted to pick up something in blue but I warned her against it (S wo
uld kick her).This Saturday was the baby shower. It was the coolest ever. S was definitely surprised. We played a lot of baby games (like there was melted chocolate on diapers and we had to smell and guess which one or who knows mommy best) and shared a lot of laughs.
Being new to all this R and Me found it difficult to win, but W flicked a few hampers for us. I, in turn cheated and made her win a hamper so we were all happy in the end.
K came in later while the yum cake was cut
All in all it was a funn showerful experience with the yummy mummy to be (I'm sure I'll score some brownie points for adding the "yummy"). It's totally unlike me, but I cannot help "awwwwing" for this one :)
2 comments:
Pooj!!!
I read ur blog and surprised is an understatement.
I never thought u guys felt all those things for me! Am truly flattered and touched!!!!!!!
U have been just like w to me too ... and no it wasnt embarassing to take ull to nightclubs at all...
when i look bak though u and w dont cease to amaze me with how u have both GROWN up over the yrs .. its unreal.
though the laziness component has unfortunately grown proportionately too but .. tats just part of the package
I know u guys have long awaited the baby and if this baby comes along on ur bday and is anything like U ... U will be her official baby sitter and well not god mother cause ur too young for tat but may be guardian angel is more like it!
The baby shower was AWESOME and I just had the greatest time u guys were all WONDERFUL!
Lots of love
ME.
yay to September 21st then :) Also remember the "kabir"/"kabira" part eh? ;)
Post a Comment